Friday, August 17, 2012

Celebrating the Best of OH!

   In celebration of reaching 11,111 views of my blog I'm highlighting the best of Origin Hunters with the top 11 articles.




In no particular order here they are:

Finding the origins and descendants of the Huns...
Attila, Native Americans and DNA: A Hunny Story - Jul 4, 2012

Who has the best DNA...
DNA: The New Discrimination – Jun 22, 2012

Are you or someone you know affected...
Genealogy Addiction: Just Say Know - Dec 2, 2011

Finding the Irish royal branches...
Genealogy Gold: McCarthy DNA - Aug 10, 2012

Sometimes paper is not enough...
Is Your Family Tree Broken? - Feb 14, 2012

All in the family...
Kissing Cousins: Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick - Jan 9, 2012

He still has more to tell us...
My Cousin Otzi: A Story Written in DNA - Mar 1, 2012

Finding Standish's English origins and more...
Myles Standish: Mayflower DNA - Jun 15, 2012

A glass of juice could have made the difference...
The Avoidable Death of William A. Clark – Jul 12, 2012

What's your favorite flavor of DNA testing...
Why Y-DNA? – Feb 27, 2012

The 3rd in my series on DNA for genealogy...
Your Father’s Father – Aug 11, 2012

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My apologies, because I am making a huge assumption based on a couple of your earlier posts, but there is a Warren Clark with Y-DNA tested through familytreedna, whose earliest known ancestor is Edward Clark b 1622, and who is a 1-step match with my father's Y-DNA. I am still trying to learn the significance of terminal SNPs, "steps," etc. and my father's (Robert Clark) paternal line is one of the few that I have not been able to trace to immigration (except for my mother's maternal line - go figure). Do you know the likelihood of there being a connection between my father's ancestry and Edward Clark? Thank you very much, Jody Clark Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody, with a 1-step match our two lines definitely share a common ancestor in the last 400 years. Your Josiah Clark could be a descendant of Edward (1622) or they could be cousins with grandparents further back in time. I'd love to work together to find those links.

      -Mike

      Delete